We have a thorough approach to environmental sustainability, which is outlined in our Environmental Sustainability Policy. Our aim is to be recognised as a leader in distribution for environmental sustainability.
We’re committed to:
- Driving a culture of continuous environmental improvement with a focus on reducing the use of plastics in both packaging and product
- Commit to actively considering the use of alternative energy sources and low emissions technology, as they become economically viable
- Understanding and managing our environmental risks to minimise or eliminate those risks
- Ensuring the environment is considered in our investment and corporate strategies, end to end sourcing and procurement as well as the products and services we offer
- Actively working to develop a culture of sustainable environmental management by:
- creating the awareness and involvement of our employees;
- implementing programs for environmental management to minimise pollution, manage waste streams, recycle; and
- address relevant biodiversity issues
- Engaging with our customers, employees and shareholders on environmental issues to develop improved environmental and sustainable practices
- Complying with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements
Our Environment Policy reinforces our commitment and precautionary approach to environmental sustainability. It also demonstrates our understanding that our actions are essential to our customers and our people, as well as our business outcomes.
We are joining the fight on plastic with our suppliers
- Creating beautiful and functional product that is biodegradable and compostable.
- Using certified recycled plastics in packaging and product.
- Reducing or removing all plastics from packaging.
- Working with retailers to change the way we think about ranging choice, use of packaging and displays and the recycling of plastics.
Many of our partners have launched sustainable products in 2020 and continue to develop ways of integrating this across all products. Most of our brands have also made a commitment to moving to 100% recycled packaging.